Scientific Collections of the Architecture Department
The historical and documentary materials of the Architecture Department’s Scientific Collection of the University of Palermo, come from different departments gathered in 2011 in a single structure.
Since 2012, under the direction of Marcella Aprile, this heritage has been reunited under the current name (with Carla Quartarone and Ettore Sessa as scientific directors).
Since 2014 the Architecture Department has also acquired the historic Basile endowment and the Ducrot Archive (now known as the “Basile and Ducrot Collections”), until then at the Faculty of Architecture of Palermo.
The Scientific Collections heritage are currently formed by materials preserved in the:
- Benfratello Legacy (curator G. Fatta);
- Basile and Ducrot Collections (curator E. Sessa, scientific consultant E. Mauro);
- Zanca Fund (curator P. Barbera);
- Caronia Roberti Fund (curator E. Sessa, scientific consultant E. Mauro);
- Giuseppe Caronia Fund (curator C. Quartarone);
- Gagliardi Collection (curator M. R. Nobile);
- Drawing Cabinet Collection (curators P. Barbera and L. Inzerillo);
- Models Collection of the Department of Design and Construction Building (curator A. De Vecchi)
- Boscarino Fund (curators F. Tomaselli and M.R. Nobile, scientific consultant R. Scaduto)
- Pintacuda-Perrier Fund (curators F. Tomaselli and M.R. Nobile, scientific consultant R. Scaduto)
In 2014, the Pozzetto Archive (curators C. Quartarone and E. Sessa) and the Colajanni Archive (curator G. Fatta, scientific consultant T. Campisi), were added to these funds, as well as the Vicari and Lo Bianco Funds were added during 2015.
Department of Architecture
Responsibles Prof. Carla Quartarone, Prof. Ettore Sessa
Viale delle Scienze, Edificio 9 - Palermo